Thursday, March 29, 2012

Overrated: Magnum Ice Cream

     since the release of Magnum Ice Cream in the Philippines, a lot of people have been raving about it in Facebook, Twitter and other social medias posting pictures, statuses and what not. I have been a witness to people who have been both excited and boastful about their experiences to this supposedly magnificent ice cream. I haven't tried one since today..


     crisp Belgian chocolate coated chocolate truffle. it was pretty good. mostly because of the Belgian chocolate. other than that I guess it was like any other chocolate ice cream. I do like it but I didnt really find anything utterly amazing about it. I guess the people of the internet just made a big spectacle out of it which I guess would be a good marketing/promotion strategy for the product. free advertising! 
     I've also heard a lot of backlash about it being the "poor man's Haagen Dazs" personally I've never tasted it so I really have no opinion on that. And the much debated "social climber's ice cream". I guess some people have the notion that when you buy something imported or high priced it would make you "sosyal" which is kind of pathetic. I also saw this picture on Facebook of  a girl who posted a picture of herself eating Magnum Ice cream and then flaunting the wrapper and the stick and a lot of hate comments here and there. poor girl. I bet she was just excited, but the good this is that she's popular now so yeah. whatever. 


     like the Starbucks hype, I think this "Magnumania" will soon be over in a few weeks. although it was pretty good I think I would not buy one anytime soon. I wasn't really impressed by it. I am curious to try other flavors like the Double Caramel and Magnum White. It's just not available here in the country though. so to wrap it all up, I would refer this ice cream for those who haven't tried it yet to see for themselves what this glorified dessert is all about. but if you're one not willing to spend 50 pesos on ice cream, then probably just buy a 20 peso Cornetto instead. 

1 comment:

  1. Magnum Ice Cream are best product of Ice cream industries. It is Glarified Dessert Ice Cream. Such a nice one!! We are also share Best margarita machine reviews and Ice Product our Blog. I hope you like it. Must Visit

    ReplyDelete